• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking a button activates other buttons in Captivate presentation

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a presentation for a client and have noticed an issue on one particular page: when I click buttons slowly (approx. 0.5-1s between clicks) then the slide functions as expected; when you spam-click, the incorrect button activates. This page is set up as a number of smart shapes that either flip a card or reset the slide (see screenshot), but for some reason when you are quickly clicking it seems to think that the card to the left is being clicked instead.

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 09.22.39.png

Please see attached video to show this issue:

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the actions triggered by those 9 interactive objects, not much can be told...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, what's the easiest way for me to show that? Is there a way to package up the file so it can be looked at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't accept to debug files. Which type of actions do you use? Why are the interactive object staggered on the timeline? How is the functionality set up... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty. The staggered objects may not be the best way of doing things, but it was the easiest way I could see to achieve what I needed to happen, and this is the first project I've done in Captivate.

The first three objects have, in order: a Continue action; an Advanced Action to jump forward 1 second (cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume = cpInfoCurrentFrame + 33); and an Advanced Action to jump forward 2 seconds (cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume = cpInfoCurrentFrame + 63). All of the other objects (highlighted blue in the screenshot below) are simple Replay actions to reset the slide.

I presume what is happening is that things are getting confused with the Advanced Actions?

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 10.43.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do too much on the same slide is what gets a lot of newbies into trouble.  Spreading an interaction over a number of slides often has lots of benefits because it gives you a number of extra events you can use to trigger Advanced Actions.

I would personally be recommending you break this up into around four slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using micro-navigation... Indeed not a good way at all. It is rarely very precise and needs some time to execute. Would never use this for the type of use case you are showing. And how do you 'Replay' the slide? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is what the client has requested; had I known more about Captivate at the start of this project I would indeed have recommended breaking this up into more steps, but we're now right at the end of the project and this issue has only just been raised as a problem (originally all of the cards flipped at once). The Replay action I have is "cpCmndGotoSlide = cpInfoCurrentSlide - 1".

Looks like there isn't a way around the issue anyway. Thanks for taking the time to help Lieve and Rod.

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 11.21.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it is worth - an easier approach to keeping all this on one slide might be to make each of the flash cards as an image with a second state for the back side.

Then put a click box over the top and just have that action go to the next the state for that card.

Since there are only two states - it would be an effective toggle without variables.

There are other ways to do this of course and it may be too much work to change at this point for you but something to chew on nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources