• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking button in quiz slide seems to be mandatory - cant move to next question unless clicked 1st

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a multiple choice quiz slide in my project, one of a series of question slides. I have added a shape, and made it a button, with the action of opening an URL when clicked. That bit works just fine.

However... The submit question button on the page will ONLY move you on to the next question if you have viewed this URL. If you have not clicked the button, it simply does nothing. It doesnt even change state (colour) when rolling over it.

I have the "continue playing this project" ticked.

I am stumped... any ideas? The URL button works fine on other slides that are just text with a continue to next page type button. The only difference to me, is that it doesnt work when placed on a quiz slide. I was wondering if there was a known issue with putting this kind of button onto a quiz slide, or if im missing something obvious.

TIA

Lauren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Please insert a screenshot of the Timeline, and of the action triggered by the shape button.

That shape button should NOT have a pausing point. Pausing should only be by the automatic quiz slide pausing point, which is linked to the Submit button and its two-step Submit process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert a screenshot of the Timeline, and of the action triggered by the shape button.

That shape button should NOT have a pausing point. Pausing should only be by the automatic quiz slide pausing point, which is linked to the Submit button and its two-step Submit process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shape button had a pause!!! Oh my goodness, I never even though about that. I have removed the pause, and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for your speedy and brilliant assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As moderator I did take out your confirmation as being a correct answer.  The original answer I gave where I told to take out the pausing point of the shape button, which is a default setting, was the only correct answer.

Those correct answers are meant for other users. It looks very strange if a confirmation is marked as being correct and appears right under the question. Please do not take this as offending.

More info in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, i didnt even know i'd clicked something to set it as the right answer. Loose fingers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources