Highlighted

Close Caption on Mp4 Files (Captivate)

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know if Adobe 9 allows close captions on mp4 files without having to insert the caption in the project?

This would be a huge selling feature for us as we need to be AODA compliant.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RodWard | Adobe Community Professional

The Closed Captions are part of the SKIN.  This does not get published with the video output. 

If you want something akin to Closed Captioning in video output you would need to manually add text into captions or shapes that are synched to appear on the timeline with the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Close Caption on Mp4 Files (Captivate)

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know if Adobe 9 allows close captions on mp4 files without having to insert the caption in the project?

This would be a huge selling feature for us as we need to be AODA compliant.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RodWard | Adobe Community Professional

The Closed Captions are part of the SKIN.  This does not get published with the video output. 

If you want something akin to Closed Captioning in video output you would need to manually add text into captions or shapes that are synched to appear on the timeline with the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my fear. Has this issue been submitted as a feature request, do you know?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I'm not Adobe, so I have no idea whether others have submitted this as a feature request.

Feel free to do so yourself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ksulek LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Captivate 2017 release and I'm having the same issue - when I publish my course as MP4 closed captions disapear, is there any solution for that? Or the situation remains the same as few years ago? Many thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group