• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close captioning Captivate 8 for audio attached to image. This audio is outside the main timeline audio

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slide with some introductory audio that prompts users to explore the images on the screen. Each image is a button that plays an audio clip when pressed. The audio clips that play when clicked are narratives. These need to be closed captioned, but are outside the "timeline" therefore they don't show in the "edit" window of the audio to be captioned from slide notes.

How do I close caption both the slide audio and the clips that are attached to the button?  I am required to make this training accessible by including closed captioning  (not just rollover text) of ALL audio on a slide. This is for full compliance for hearing impaired learners.

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible. Really the only thing you can do is to jump around the timeline depending on what the user clicks on.

You have to figure out which frames to jump to and use advanced actions.

You could also jump to separate slides, but that may interfere with navigation if you are using the playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources