Highlighted

Close embedded youtube Captivate 9

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any way to add a close button to an embedded youtube video. I have added a hide button but that will just play the audio in the background.

Thnx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Close embedded youtube Captivate 9

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any way to add a close button to an embedded youtube video. I have added a hide button but that will just play the audio in the background.

Thnx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you are still using the older version CP9? Full version number is under Help, About Captivate. If it is CP2019 (many users are confused, because that is version 11 or 11.5), how did you insert the video?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in version 9.0.2 

I inserted it by using the iframe code from youtube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot test, because I don't have CP8 anymore. I suppose it will play independently from Captivate, you would need JS to have the button appear after the event video has played.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Is there a built in function in 19. I have that on my other computer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, but the easy way is to link to the Youtube by inserting it as a slide video. Since it will be synched with Captivate you ccan add a Next button near the end of the video

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok So I solved it by importing the video from my desktop.
The I added a button and the script "document.getElementsByTagName("video")[0].pause();"
The problem now is that when I trigger the video again from the menu the button containing the script are hidden. I can still click where I know the button are located and the video are closing, but the button is hidden. Whats up with that??

I have tried grouping the button and the video and have them seperated. Same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the button on top of the video on the screen?  If so, then it will likely be sitting UNDERNEATH the video when viewed in the browser.  The video will be playing inside a frameset and the default behaviour is for framesets to be at the top layer level at runtime. 

You can change this behaviour by modifying the Captivate.ini file found at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64. You need to change the UseWidget7 parameter value to 1 instead of the default 0 value.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button is outside the video. But I will test it any way. Will it affect anything else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed the file and same problem.
IT works fine when I preview in captivate but not when I preview in F11

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 0
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F11 is the only Preview method for non-responsive projects which uses HTML temporary output, the other Preview methods are irrelevant if you want to publish to HTML.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved in version  CP2019.

Moderator note: corrected version number, which is 11.5, also indicated as CP2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 0