• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captioning Editing Glitch

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this is somewhere else in the community, but I am beyond frustrated with editing closed captions in Captivate.

When I edit closed captions, add markers and save, often changes revert back on caption markers I have removed text from or edited. Sometimes markers simply jump around on the timeline such as marker 2 ends up at the end of the timeline including 5 markers for some reason, or other wierd things. I found the only way around this glitch is to save after every edit which is tedious on top of which Captivate may crash as demonstrated in my video below.

Worse is that this work-around is not as effective for placing CC on videos embedded into the slide as there is no "save" button. Instead, I edit some captions and hit close and then save the file, open back up the closed captions and find that whole markers are still with the block of text that I had cut appart in editing. 

Here's a quick link to what I am encountering: http://somup.com/cYQ3r3X8cc 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made another video that demonstrates how frustrating this is with captioning videos as well as the audio: http://somup.com/cYQ0VQX8Tg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should report all of these bugs to the Adobe Captivate team using the bug reporting form:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

In the mean time I recommend you DO NOT perform your edits the way you are currently doing them from within the Audio Editing window.  The safer way is to do your CC text edits in the Slide Notes panel in Captivate's Editing area (below the stage).  The same goes for synching video with CC.

I completely agree that this functionality should work in BOTH ways.  But if you want less frustration, then do it differently to the way you are currently working.  Don't hold your breath for Adobe to fix this issue.  It's been around for several versions and not enough users have complained to make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super helpful. Thanks! As you may see I was fixing existing courses and not developing from scratch, but I will definately use your tip for upcoming courses that I will be developing. I will also report the bug.

Best wishes and stay well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources