• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captioning Issue in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to switch over to the new version of Captivate and are running into issues with the new closed captioning feature. This feature does not allow us to have the CC at the bottom and fill the space accordingly no matter what settings we try. Additionally, the CC's tend to move wherever they want on each slide. This is a big problem and it needs to be addressed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to the skin editor and are working in the closed captions settings, from the slide dropdown in the middle, select PROJECT. It is BEFORE slide 1. Then click the little checkbox in the lower left that says Override Slide Level....

That will put the cc bar at the same location on all slides.

To get it to be the old way (stretched across bottom), If you have selected Custom (default) from the align dropdown, Drag the box all the way to the left. Then change the W field to 100. Otherwise, just select Bottom Left from the Align dropdown.

HTH.

Lori Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Permiere Pro running while using Captivate 2017. It would not allow me to see Closed Captions, play audio or even see CC in my published file in the browser. I was panicking trying to figure out why my CC suddenly disappeared and would not work in the browser. I closed Permiere Pro and everything worked properly in Captivate and browser. Now that is what I call a major bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I sincerely hope you log it here: Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you may need a little more ram on your computer. That sounds like a horsepower issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does everything else in the Captivate file work fine in the program and browser, except CC, yet that's a horserpower issue? I have a 16 cores on the dual processors and 32 gig of ram. I would hope I could run Premier and Captivate at the same time without horsepower issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well if you are trouble shooting and you close Premiere and everything works fine - is it Premiere or is it Captivate  you got the chicken and egg problem. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set up the size, font with attributes, location for the Project or for each individual slide?

Check the version number: recent is 11/0.1.255

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources