Highlighted

Closed Captioning on Audio Files possible?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project was already completed, and designed to use as few slides as possible, when I went to layer in closed captioning and realized that it only allows closed captioning on slide audio only.  Is there a way around this, to add closed captioning functionality on non-slide audio? 

My only work around so far is clunky and time consuming; I created a variable to control if "show text" appears (similar to CC button) then used advanced script on my button that will display a text caption box when I click on the button if the "show text" option is active.  It works, but it's going to be a lot of work to migrate the whole project to use that functionality.

If anyone has an alternative, please share!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Closed Captioning on Audio Files possible?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project was already completed, and designed to use as few slides as possible, when I went to layer in closed captioning and realized that it only allows closed captioning on slide audio only.  Is there a way around this, to add closed captioning functionality on non-slide audio? 

My only work around so far is clunky and time consuming; I created a variable to control if "show text" appears (similar to CC button) then used advanced script on my button that will display a text caption box when I click on the button if the "show text" option is active.  It works, but it's going to be a lot of work to migrate the whole project to use that functionality.

If anyone has an alternative, please share!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is bit logical that CC is only possible for slide audio, since it is the only type of audio which is synched really with the timeline and that is needed for CC as well. If you use object audio, the object can be hidden, no real synchronization. Even worse for audio started with 'Play Audio' which is totally independent of the timeline.

Workaround would be to use text containers which you try to synch wit the audio, but no guarantee that it will work as smoothly as the real CC synched with slide audio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, I'd already figured that out, as my original message stated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to offer you an explanation for the reasons why CC is perfect for slide audio, not for other audio types.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 0