• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed captions causing captivate to crash on publication of project

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a highly frustrating day trying to work out why captivate 2019 keeps crashing every time I try to publish a project with closed captions.

The project publishes and plays fine without the captions. As soon as I publish slides with captions either for slide audio or for standalone videos within slides, the project crashes as the files are being generated. I have tried everything today, reinstalled the latest version (even though I had the latest version already), cleaning the preferences, clearing caches, turning my computer (Mac) on and off, cut and pasting slides into a new project, checking the fonts and ensuring there are no unusual characters or empty caption holders but without success. A few weeks back the captions published fine but I have since updated the Mac operating system to 10.15.6 so I'm wondering if that is to blame, seeing it's not the first time a Mac update has caused Captivate (11.5.4.613 ) not to work properly. 

Any help gratefully received. I need this live in a week's time and I have a lot of content to caption.

Many thanks in advance.

Jill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. Do you have bullets in your cc? I found a thread where a guy took the bullets out and it corrected the problem. I removed the bullets, but the formatting must still remain (indents), so I am goinag to redo cc with no fromatting at all and hope for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources