• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

closed captions changing formats on own Cp 11.5

Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Cap 11.5 (version 11.5.1.499) on a windows PC.

I have gone to my skin editor, Closed Captions, Selected Project, Clicked the overrride all slides checkbox and set my preferences to my font, size, location, etc. 

However, in published project, the font size is CHANGING on different slides. WTH?  HELP!!!!!!!

Is this a known bug? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Lori

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends which ORDER you selected everything.  Go back into the settings and START by selecting the Project option from the dropdown before you do anything else, then work your way down the dialog making changes.  See if that works for you.  It usually does for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I've been doing that. Still having the issue. It's a problem in multiple projects. I set the project level to 22 pt Arial and on most slide it is fine, but on some, it shrinks itself down. I've gone back and verified that those slides did NOT have any different settings, but still, same issue.  I seriously have no idea what's going on. Has no one else seen this problem? Could my install be a mess some how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess would be that on slides that show this behaviour the text in the Closed Captions has some unseen formatting that is causing the issue. 

I found the quickest way to test this assumption is to copy some all the text from a line of CC, paste it into Notepad to strip out any formatting, then insert a new line of CC into the slide and paste the text from Notepad into that line to see what happens when you publish.  (I found that just pasting the text back into the same line doesn't always fix things and I suspect it is because the formatting is still affecting that line.)

If this resolves the issue for you, then you know how to clean up the other lines.  The issue may have been introduced due to copying text from another app that has its own formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources