• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions not working

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put in the text for closed captions but when I click the cc button on preview nothing happens. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Indeed, you have to split up in sentences. Closed Captions are meant to appear synchronized with audio, not just have all text appear at once. The easiest way is by using the Slide notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the check box in the closed caption window. They appear. but are cut off after a couple of sentences.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I neeed to break it up a sentence for each caption. geez that is gonna take a bit some slides have 20 lines or more. oh well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to widen the cc box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok got it skin editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, you have to split up in sentences. Closed Captions are meant to appear synchronized with audio, not just have all text appear at once. The easiest way is by using the Slide notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The formatting got messed up during ppt import so I have to clean it up. Kinda a pain but I got it working. I was doing it wrong and pasting text into text to speech instead of auto generating from notes. I imagine then it syncs voice with the cc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't automatically sync with the voice.  You still need to go in and manually tweak the synchronisation AFTER you break the script up into separate lines.

Make sure also that when you set up the Closed Captioning area in the Skin Editor you first select Project from the top of the drop down menu and check the box for Override with Project settings, otherwise your settings might only be applying to a single slide at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If text to speech is reading off of each line I would think it would sync dunno first time doing 508 work.

Main issue is note import from PPT. I get duplicates, blanks, and formatting issues. Takes a while to clean up.

What I did wrong was to paste into cc instead of just clicking check box.

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources