Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions with SRT or other type of file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We record our videos in a studio and have them captioned by an outside service (such as REV or Verbit), which generates a .srt file (we have other options). Are any of these options importable into captivate? Sitting here copying/pasting for the timing of closed captions is a very daunting task for each video.

Thank you!

I should add, maybe, that I'm using Captivate 2019. I'm importing the videos into the project to make them interactive and using bookmarks to send users back when answering knowledge check questions incorrectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK Captivate still doesn't have the functionality of importing SRT, you need to synchronize in the application itself. Please log a feature request. BTW the most recent version (just released) is 11.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of SRT support in Captivate despite the fact it’s on version ELEVEN (!!!) is utterly baffling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always do a simple html with the video and srt. Zip them and insert as an HTML5 animation. I use vtt and it work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to do the knowledge check questions and bookmarking with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what you mean?

Could you explain in detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our use case is that we allow students to watch a video, it pauses at a certain point and asks a question. If the student misses the question they are put back to a point in the video that talks about that question, and then they are reasked it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill out the form. If enough people ask for a particular feature they are usually quite good at accommodating. I can think of two items that are in Captivate that I requested. I don't know how many other people asked for the same features, but I like to think that my request had some impact on these changes. By the way, the majority of people reading this forum are not Adobe employees so...fill out the feature request form.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Where is the form? I will go look, but I am new at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,
I found it and submitted.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources