• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors in quiz question master slides

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a template based on my company's color and branding, which is primarily royal blue.Most of the elements are working fine, but I'm hitting one sticking point.

Since the background of the slide is royal blue, I'm using white for the text. When I'm creating a quiz question, though, I run int a problem. In the MCQ,T/F,FIB,Sequence question type, I've set the font color for multiple-choice questions to white. This works as intended. However, when I test a fill in the blank or a short answer question. the text entered into the (white) text area is so light as to be unreadable.

If I go into the master and try to change the color for the fill in the blank answer style, it then reverts the style in the multiple choice/true-false answers.

I'd like to accomplish the following:

• Answers in multiple choice/t-f questions in white text
  • Text entered into the text boxes in FITB or short answers to be in a dark text, -OR- being able to change the color of the text boxes.

Is this doable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Beware: I didn't double-check (what I normally do), too tired from flight over the Atlantic this night.

One way would be to create a custom FIB quesiton slide, using Text Entry Boxes, which you can style independently from the rest of the sentence. In the default FIB slides, Or do you need dropdown lists? In that case use the dropdown interaction.

You could use a cloned quizzing master slide only for the FIB, but I'm afraid it will not allow to change only the color for text in fields.

Another appr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware: I didn't double-check (what I normally do), too tired from flight over the Atlantic this night.

One way would be to create a custom FIB quesiton slide, using Text Entry Boxes, which you can style independently from the rest of the sentence. In the default FIB slides, Or do you need dropdown lists? In that case use the dropdown interaction.

You could use a cloned quizzing master slide only for the FIB, but I'm afraid it will not allow to change only the color for text in fields.

Another approach which I often use in projects with dark background for Matching questions: put a colored shape behind the FIB answer itself, and choose another color from the theme colors palette for the text to make it readable.Matching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks as always (sorry for the delay in revisiting this). Making a second FITB slide worked like a charm. It looks like I'll have to play with the background on the matching like you said. The weird part is that it looks fine in previews but not when I publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, workarounds can be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources