Highlighted

Complex Drag and Drop Combinations

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I may already have the answer, but it's not the one I'd like so I am asking y'all as it were. I've found similar questions and answers, but mostly in reference to previous versions and I am on Captivate 2017.

If I have six drag sources and three drop sources, is there any simple way to select multiple correct drop sources for a given drag source?

The only way that I can see is to list out every possible combination, and with this many sources, that would amount to listing out a few dozen different combinations via the set correct answers menu.

More specifically, setting up an exercise to support a lesson on behavioral analysis, and I have six behaviors listed and three emotions which might result in those behaviors. The emotions are happiness, sadness, and anger, and so a behavior like "shouting" could go with any emotion, while "laughter" maps more directly to happiness.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Complex Drag and Drop Combinations

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I may already have the answer, but it's not the one I'd like so I am asking y'all as it were. I've found similar questions and answers, but mostly in reference to previous versions and I am on Captivate 2017.

If I have six drag sources and three drop sources, is there any simple way to select multiple correct drop sources for a given drag source?

The only way that I can see is to list out every possible combination, and with this many sources, that would amount to listing out a few dozen different combinations via the set correct answers menu.

More specifically, setting up an exercise to support a lesson on behavioral analysis, and I have six behaviors listed and three emotions which might result in those behaviors. The emotions are happiness, sadness, and anger, and so a behavior like "shouting" could go with any emotion, while "laughter" maps more directly to happiness.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this?

DDCombi.png

I combined all the drag sources in a Type, and did the same for the drop targets. It is then sufficient to link one drag sources to one drop target, and all the possible combinations are created/

BTW, this is not new, was always the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm afraid not. Because not every drag source belongs to every drop source, nor do they fit into single categories. I guess what I would need is the ability to assign metadata to objects beyond a single type, and I'm afraid that Captivate isn't capable of that via standard tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear at all from your question what you want exactly. You don't have to group all in one type, combinatinon of some types is a possiblitty as well. Not a clear question, sorry.

Do you need 'correct answers? You can limit the number of possiblities, by defining which drag sources may be dragged to a drop target, and exclude the other ones. Or you can use Object actions. Without a better explanation of your question cannot offer more details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2018 0
Gaanf LATEST
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as Lilybiry, I can't say I fully understand what you're up to, but maybe those two threads would help you?

Drag and Drop - two drop zones correct

Drag and drop: Is it possible to have two drop places?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 0