Highlighted

Compress pictures

New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As soon as I add pictures to my project, such as full size background, Captivate is very slow. Is there a way to compress the size of the pictures while already added to the project in Adobe Captivate? Or do I have to do that before using them in my project, in Photoshop for example? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Compress pictures

New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As soon as I add pictures to my project, such as full size background, Captivate is very slow. Is there a way to compress the size of the pictures while already added to the project in Adobe Captivate? Or do I have to do that before using them in my project, in Photoshop for example? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're dumping full high-resolution images straight onto Captivate slides then you are bloating your project filesize and potentially weighing down the download required to view the final content.

Resize your images in Photoshop (as you suggested) or some other graphics editor BEFORE importing them into Captivate.  Just work out what their final size in the output needs to be and reduce them to that size before import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial I did on this very topic. https://youtu.be/2STL79UrX5I

Do This to Your Images Before Adding to Your Captivate eLearning - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2019 0