• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion over incomplete -> pass/fail cp6

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so i've got a little quiz in cp6.  I want my lms to show the pass or fail status.  It keeps showing passed even though the quiz is definitely failed.

I am using inquisiq and scorm1.2

I have status represenataion set to incomplete-> passed/failed

sussccess/completion criteria set to user access. I have also trield slide views and/or quiz in multiple different settings. I can't get it to show failed. 

The quiz is set to one attempt only.

Help!  What have I messed up with these settings?  I'm so confused....

thanks,

Lori

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

In SCORM 1.2 you only have the choice of using either Complete/Incomplete OR Pass/Fail status.  In SCORM 2004 you can have both statuses being recorded.  So check with your LMS admin to see if the option exists to set up courses for SCORM 2004.  If so, use that and set Captivate options accordingly.

It sounds like you might have your settings currently set so that as long as the user accesses the content they get marked as passed.  What you want is that they only get passed if they pass the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In SCORM 1.2 you only have the choice of using either Complete/Incomplete OR Pass/Fail status.  In SCORM 2004 you can have both statuses being recorded.  So check with your LMS admin to see if the option exists to set up courses for SCORM 2004.  If so, use that and set Captivate options accordingly.

It sounds like you might have your settings currently set so that as long as the user accesses the content they get marked as passed.  What you want is that they only get passed if they pass the quiz.

Try using the settings shown here:

SCORM1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rod!  That was very helpful. Acutally, I'm usin cp6.0, so the screen looks different, but this was enough of a guideline that I could get it working. In case anyone else needs to reference, I'm pasting a screen shot here of the settins that worked.C.jpg

-- Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using 2004 because with CP6 and SCORM 1.2 it will not pass any data from the description into the LMS, but 2004 will - go figure.

I want my results to show a % and either a pass/fail. but I don't see an option for that, so my results in the LMS is a % (only if Interaction Data is selected), but I get Complete/Incomplete.

Is there any setting so I can get Pass/Fail?

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources