Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content fit to desktop screen size

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm new to Captivate and i'm trying to find a way to develop elearning courses that fit the browser/screen size, like in modern webdesign

For example, i want to have a header menu that fits the browser width or, i would like to fix the position of an element to the limit of the screen, so that it is always positioned there, independently of the size of the screen.

Is this possible to do in Adobe Captivate?

Thanks,

Victor Pereira

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... try publishing to HTML5 with option 'Scalable HTML turned on. Only landscape will be possible, no portrait mode. However the ratio widht/height will be maintained, which means that for monitors which are not 16:9 you may have some real estate left horizontally or vertically.

You could try breakpoints workflow in a responsive project but that is certainly not for newbies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply I've tested the option 'Scalable HTML' turned but that's no the result i'm looking for, because i can't anchor the element to fixed positions on stage.

I'm also thinking about the responsive project approach, but it seems the maximum resolution is 1280 which is too small.

I work on a tech company where almost every computer has at least 1920x1080 screen resolution, that's why i want to avoid to develop elearning courses that only use a small part of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define a higher resolution for the primary breakpoint. However, it will blow up file size as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create fluid boxes and create the content in the "responsive project" mode you'll be able to have the content customized based on the size of the screen. The nature of the way the code for responsive works the header can't be "fixed" in one space without being resized to work for the device. You may be able to design the header to remain centered with the fluid boxes to have the look you're describing. The header won't be fixed literally but it will be repositioned to be in the center or aligned how you prefer based on how you use the fluid boxes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit strange to propose fluid boxes, where you give control over the layout to Captivate, whereas the OP wants full control over positioning. That is only possible with Breakpoints workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Developer tools /select element /then align in the view collomn/??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources