Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Holder and Next Button

Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I wonder if there is an easier way to show a button after a particular content is being viewed. Lets me explain.

I have a text container (on the image on the right). I have 4 buttons (on the image on the left). The buttons change the state of the container and show different text. I have also a next button that is hidden and would appear only after the user has clicked on the 4 buttons. In other words, when the user has seen all the content.

I know I can have 4 variables that change value when the buttons are clicked. Then a condition will ask for the 4 variables to be with a certain value (1 instead of 0 for instance) and only then will the Next button show. I use this regularly, but I was wondering if there will be an easier way?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bobby

09-03-2018 09-44-32.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

For the record, I found a way to do that. I have this situation so often that hopefully this will help others too. It can save literally hours.

This is a way to check what state is an object with JS. There is no need to create variables and to track.

Example.

You have three shape buttons and three states of container object.

The third shape has to be clicked before the Next button appears.

Here is the JS script, i.e. the third state of the container has to appear for the next button to appear too.

the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK that is indeed the way to go, not at all that complciated. I keep some shared actions ready which I can use for this purpose in any document. It takes onlycouple of minutes to set it up,

I do present a webinar next Thursday about shared actions. Maybe you could be interested? It is free:

Invitation: Webinar Shared Actions! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with shared actions it will be easier for sure.

I was just thinking that maybe I am missing something and there is an easier ingenious way of doing that.

I love reading your stuff and will try to attend although would be at work.

Thank Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative will be JavaScript. If you are a skilled programmer it will be easier, but to mme shared actions are the way to go..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would stick to the shared actions

I will try my best to join you on Thursday at 1600 CET. At the end of the day, what you do helps me do my work better

Thank again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW will you record the webinar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the record, I found a way to do that. I have this situation so often that hopefully this will help others too. It can save literally hours.

This is a way to check what state is an object with JS. There is no need to create variables and to track.

Example.

You have three shape buttons and three states of container object.

The third shape has to be clicked before the Next button appears.

Here is the JS script, i.e. the third state of the container has to appear for the next button to appear too.

theState = cp.getCurrentStateNameForSlideItem("container_Post");

if (window.cpAPIInterface.getVariableValue("theState")==="Three")

{

cp.show("btn_Next");

}

container_Post - the name of the object with three states.

btn_Next - the hidden next button.

theState - a variable that takes the value of the state of a container.

Three - the name of the third state of the object

If the state of the container is Three, then variable theState is also Three.

In that case the button Next is shown.

Cheers

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources