• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continue button on branching slide

Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I created a branching slide and it works well; however, I do not want a quiz button to appear. Instead I want a continue button to appear after all branched slides are viewed. Do I have to create an advanced action to do that or can that be part of the new branching functionality?

Thank you,

Cheryl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Replace the text 'Quiz' by 'Continue'.  That button is hidden in Output and will appear when the three otheer topics are done. Instead of the first quiz slide, which appears after the last slide of the third topic, have a normal content slide, the first of the rest of the project.

As I told in my first answer, there is no exposed programming (advanced actions), so it is not possible to edit them. 

In the example I showed you I have exactly that same situation, but I used shared actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question very well. A 'branching' slide, what do you mean by that? Is it a dashboard, menu slide which is jumping to different parts of the course? Something like in this example:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/UseSA/index.html

Or are you talking about the packaged Quick Start Project? I never use it, but did you follow the 'rules'?  Problem is that you cannot see the programming under that project... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello – That was a very quick response, thank you.

I apologize that I was not clear.

Yes, I followed the instructions for the branching menu functionality; however, I don’t want a menu.  I have several concepts to explain, and I put them in a branching slide. I want the user to go through each of the concept groups before they can continue with the course.  When they’ve gone through each concept, and they return to the branching slide for the last time, I want to display a Continue button so that the user can continue with the course.

I also have some interaction on the slides within the groups, so I’ve added a next button on each slide and a continue button on the last slide. That button is set to continue so it goes back to the branching slide.  Works well on the first group, but after that I have to select the continue button multiple times to get it to go back to the branching slide. 

I know this is a lot to ask, and I continue to research this on my own also.

Thanks again for always being there to answer questions!

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the multiple click issue. My slide timing was too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace the text 'Quiz' by 'Continue'.  That button is hidden in Output and will appear when the three otheer topics are done. Instead of the first quiz slide, which appears after the last slide of the third topic, have a normal content slide, the first of the rest of the project.

As I told in my first answer, there is no exposed programming (advanced actions), so it is not possible to edit them. 

In the example I showed you I have exactly that same situation, but I used shared actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - AGAIN!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources