Continue button on Quiz Results Slide not working Captivate 7

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Quiz Settings set to Continue when the user passes the quiz. However, when the user clicks the Continue button on the Quiz Results Slide, nothing happens. I want the user to be able to continue to the next (and final!) slide in the project. The timing for the Quiz Results slide is set to be active for 7 seconds. Umm, suggestions for a fix? Thanks. This problem has been driving me nuts since I'm so close to finishing!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Quiz Settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dotdot AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot of settings.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, wanted the Pass/fail settings on quiz level, to see the actions, but the Required setting is also important. And there is no reason to time the score slide that long, did you perhaps delete items on that slide? Can you post a screenshot of the score slide with the timeline included?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dotdot AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the timing on the results slide back down to being active for 1.5 seconds so that's what will show up in the screen shot below. I also included a screen shot for the Pass/Fail settings. Thanks.

Quiz and Timeline.jpgScreen shot of settings.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I'm still waiting for Quiz, Preferences, Pass or Fail settings.

You can even drag the pausing more towards the end of the slide, to decrease the waiting time after the Continue button has been clicked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dotdot AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops. Sorry. I accidentally uploaded the Settings screen shot and not the Pass/Fail screen shot in my previous email. Okay, here's  the Pass/Fail screen shot.Pass Fail Settings.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks OK, but you can try to change both actions to 'Go to Next Slide' to see?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dotdot AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried changing both the actions to 'Go to Next Slide' but that did not solve the problem. Darn. Other ideas? Thanks so much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIt out of ideas. Is your version 7.0.1.237?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dotdot AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have version 7.01.237. Maybe if I bang my head against the table, the continue button will automatically begin working?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dotdot AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here's what I wound up doing-- I created a new project using the same template I used before.  Then, I copied/pasted all the slides from my original project--except for the quiz results slide--into this new project. Voila! The continue button in the quiz results slide now works. The remediation in the quiz didn't copy over but that's an easy fix. Whew.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something was corrupted in that file, you made a good choice, but were lucky that it was not a specific slide/object since copy/paste did work for everything. Sorry that I couldn't find another flaw.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU.  This happened to me today on a project I've been working on for 3 weeks.  Your fix was the only way to get the continue button to funtion again. 

Cold beverage of your choice on me if you're ever in San Antonio.

Brian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, it's very frustrating. I have tried your advice - copied all my slides (without the quiz results) into a new project using the same template, but in my case this didn't help. I saw on another forum that a workaround would be to use a transparent button on top of the continue button. Then one can manually activate the button to take the user to whichever slide is relevant after the quiz. But this is definitely not an elegant way of creating a quiz. And there are definitely more people with this problem, I hope that Adobe will look into this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told already in this thread, for me the Continue button is working. And I never use a transparent shape button on top of the Continue button. Most users that I helped out (and I'm not Adobe of course) didn't understand the functionality or, like in this case, the project got corrupted.  Just wanted to explain, there is nothing wrong with the work flow if you understand how it is designed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in Captivate v9.  After I fail the course two times, I click the Continue button and the project plays until the end of the Quiz Results slide and then stops, when I've set it to take the user to slide 15.  When I try hitting the Next button on the play bar nothing happens.  I've attached a screenshot of my Pass/Fail settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with Captivate 9 as well. It seems to be a software bug that disallows a slide to be placed after the the "Quiz Results" page. Which means, the continue button does not work on the Quiz Results page or gets corrupt for no apparent reason whatsoever. You left this message about 4 months ago and I am following up to bump this thread in hopes that someone from Adobe or one of the other Captivate users will perhaps offer a workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to repeat, but for me the Continue button is working, and I have often other slides after the Results slide.  It is always very difficult to find the cause if something is not happening to everyone, and not in a consistent way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure none of the slides you want to place AFTER the Quiz Results slide have any interactive objects that are set to report to the quiz.

Check this via the Project > Advanced Interaction dialog. It shows all quiz questions and interactive objects in a table.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workaround.

I created an invisible button widget (swf) who's sole purpose is to move the user to the next slide.

You can add this button to your project in captivate by selecting the Media icon, and then select Animation.

You can use this button anywhere in you projects (not just quizzes).

If you want a copy of the widget, email me at mauriceford@usa.net

and I will send you a copy.

This works in all version of Captivate 6 thru 9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why a SWF, while most CP developers now prefer output to HTML5? You can perfectly create an 'invisible' shape button, which can be used on a score slide or a quiz slide as well. Have a look at:

Buttons on Question/Score Slides in Captivate 6? - Captivate blog

However the Continue button is essential on score slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not seem to allow invisible' shape button with a Continue action on the results slide.  I assume Adobe did this because adding actions and behaviors like this to the results slide could produce unpredictable outcomes that may result in reporting erroneous scores. Captivate 9.  Just to clarify. I'm speaking of adding an alternative Continue button to address the bug\glitch that exist in Captivate sometimes. See  thread above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read that blog post, you'll see that I have a workaround. It is possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing the same problem just now and in my case it helped to set the slide properties to "No Action" (Slide Properties --> Actions tab --> "On Enter" --> No Action). Hope it might help someone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines