• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling an Animate CC OAM file within the Captivate using buttons (NOT SHAPES used as buttons)

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to control three OAM animations within Captivate and so far all examples are using shapes as buttons.  I need to use actual buttons and coming up empty.  Any guru out there have any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A button is a button. Whatever type you choose cannot make a difference for that animation. Use a transparent button or even a text button, the functionality is exactly the same as for shape buttons (or SVG/Bitmap used as button). Maybe you should give some more explanations; what is the issue with the OAM's? Which control do you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.  Within Captivate, I'm trying to control three separate AOM animations each one having its own button to make the animation start.   Work protocol does not allow me to use shapes for buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animations are special, busy with a blog post about them. Did you stop the animiation from playing in Animate CC on the first frame?. If not, it will play automatically when it is on the slide, cannot even be paused by a Pause command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding.  Yes, I did, and it stopped the OAM from playing.  But once I did that, I can't get the OAM to play. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources