Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling Rounded Rectangle corners for Quiz response smart shapes

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day,

I am using a Rounded Rectangle smart shape for the Incorrect, Correct, Incomplete, etc. responses in a quiz slide and I want to reduce the corner radius from its default size to 10 but I'm unable to do so. I can see the little yellow box, which I normally drag to the corner radius size I want, but it's unclickable (the cursor should change to a small black arrow).

For other RR objects, that I have changed in the past, I can also specify the radius under the stroke part of the properties, but that is also not there.

Am I missing something or is this a UI glitch (the fact that it gives you the adjustment spot but it doesn't work)? It is yet another restriction when working with Quiz slides???

Ta, Brett

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be confusing Smart Shape rounded rectangles with Transparent Buttons.  Totally different objects.

Transparent buttons give you the option of specifying the Corner Radius.  Rounded Rectangle Smart Shapes don't show that option in their Properties tab.  You have to drag the handle to change the radius.  If you cannot drag the handle, perhaps the object is locked?  Look for the small padlock symbol beside its name on the timeline layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for thinking it might have been a different problem.  Hadn't seen this issue myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, happens to me as well. I had seen this issue, but not realized it was so important for some users. Did only check in a non-responsive project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double-checked on 11.5.1. This is indeed a UI glitch, you should log it. You are using default shapes for the feedback messages, since you do see the yellow marker. You can drag that marker, but in the editing environment you will not see the effect of the dragging. However when you watch Preview HTML in Browser you will see the rounded rectangle (same for changes with other shape styles). Please log it, will do as well myself.

BTW I also tried to edit in the quizzing master slide, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod & Lilybiri!

I've escalated the bug, as you suggested.

BTW, I started the bug request page last night and finished it off this morning. After I sent it, I was informed that I would be redirected (I didn't pay attention to where) and I went to the main forum screen but I didn't get an acknowledgement that the bug was submitted. Is there a way we can check our own submissions to make sure it did indeed get sent?

Ta! Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Logged it as well, although it is a minor glitc.

Do not worry about what appears after logging the form. You will not get a confirmation neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources