• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert old placeholder text to regular text captions?

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have six text captions on a page that were originally linked to a master slide, with placeholder object text. I have since switched master slides, and even deleted the placeholder objects on the older master slide.

I don't want this text to be placeholder object text anymore, but I want to keep the text that's in it, and it's size/positioning. Is there a way to not have Captivate see these as placeholder objects anymore?

The only thing I could think of is I have to re-create them from scratch as regular text captions. That would be a huge pain though, especially considering the size/positioning I have across five mobile break points. That's a 120 property fields! Top/left/height/width, times 6 captions, times 5 break points.

If you're asking yourself why I would want to do this, it's because I need to take these six captions and create three groups of two text fields each. You can't group text that was once placeholder text for some reason.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?