Highlighted

converted PPT issues

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to Captivate and have watched a ton of videos but still need help.  I have created a Responsive Project from a Power Point that contained a great deal of animation. The slides have converted and most animation is there but I'm struggling with controlling when it takes place (are there specific videos on this), and I have a few text boxes on slides that should animate in but are not displaying when previewing.  I can see the text boxes on the slide but they do not appear when playing video. Also, a lot of the bullet items and text that appears is overlapping and popping up in random places.  Where can I find help for this? I am still learning but have wasted an entire day trying to figure this out.  Thanks for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

converted PPT issues

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to Captivate and have watched a ton of videos but still need help.  I have created a Responsive Project from a Power Point that contained a great deal of animation. The slides have converted and most animation is there but I'm struggling with controlling when it takes place (are there specific videos on this), and I have a few text boxes on slides that should animate in but are not displaying when previewing.  I can see the text boxes on the slide but they do not appear when playing video. Also, a lot of the bullet items and text that appears is overlapping and popping up in random places.  Where can I find help for this? I am still learning but have wasted an entire day trying to figure this out.  Thanks for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I never use PPT as start for a Captivate course because control is very limited.  The animations  in the PPT are reproduced as closely as possible, but you'll not be able to edit them in Captivate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have a number of large ppts that need recreated in Captivate for e-learning so trying to not recreate the wheel for all of them.  I'm trying now to create new slides to add the animation I need but when I click "media" for animation there are no options in the folders.  I'm not finding instructions on how to fix this.  thoughts? I'm working with a content slide. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying a responsive project, right?  With fluid boxes? If you are really new to Captivate, I would never start with a Fluid Boxes project at all. Try a Blank project, which you can publish to rescalable HTML. Trying immediately a Fluid Boxes project means accumulation of a lot of stumbling blocks at once.

One of the limitations of Fluid boxes is that you cannot stack objects. You will not be able to add an animation on top of a PPT slide. Is that what you try to do? Explain what you want exactly to achieve as 'animation', maybe I could offer some links?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start a new project, blank project, for example…. I create a text box and then try to add animation to it by clicking the media box --> Animation.  It takes me to the folders for Highlights, etc. but they are empty, there are no options like shown in the videos I’ve watched.

Perhaps you can suggest the “best” place for me to learn how to use Captivate and utilize all the features? I am wasting a lot of time watching random videos which is where I was led to use fluid boxes, thought it was needed.  I am not opposed to taking paid online training but I’m unclear what is best and need something soon.  I have no personal resources that use Captivate.

I do need quality videos or live training of some sort, I am a visual learner so reading articles is not helping.  The online videos are so random and cover just snipits of things it is going to take me forever.  Please let me know what you suggest.

Cindy

[Moderator Note: Personal Information Removed]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don't believe you can learn software from videos, especially since you never have quality labels, there is too much crap on YouTube.

Since you don't want to read, it doesn't help to point to my blog. You could watch some of my published interactive movies (created with Captivate). Based on my over 10 years experience, doing consultancy/training and answering daily questions on all social media, I summarized the 3 most important stumbling blocks for Captivate, but it is a blog. If you contact me directly, could send you a link to an interactive movie which I use in training.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

BTW I didn't include Fluid boxes, which are also a stumbling block.

Animation under Media is pointing to SWF animations. You should not use those anymore, since EOL of Flash Player is not so far away anymore. You have to publish to HTML5. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0