• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Embedded FLV Videos to MP4 when Publishing to HTML5

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I convert embedded FLV videos to MP4 when publishing to HTML5? The Adobe Media Encoder launches, but I'm unsure of what to do in that application.

Do I need to search for the source FLV file locally and convert it--if so, is it automatically updated in the CPTX file once converted or do I need to embed the new MP4 in place of the FLV video?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of AME are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.2 Release is what auto launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to AME CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe AME is waiting for you to select a preset. Select a preset with an MP4 output option then hit the 'convert' (or 'go' or whatever the action button is) and the video should convert, then take you back to Captivate.

If it's not that easy, then lookup how to use Adobe Media Encoder.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I've not had to do this process in a long while. For past several years, I've ensured all videos I bring into CP are already MP4 - for one reason, to avoid this process entirely (plus, it happens *every time* you publish which is a huge time waster).

I recommend using AME, or whatever video production/conversion too you prefer, to convert any non-MP4 videos to MP4, then import them into the CP project and get rid of those non-MP4 videos from your library entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources