• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting file SWF in HTML5

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, I have a big problem. I'm using Captivate from many years to realize E-Learning courses for Docebo E-Learning platform. I have to convert many file creating in SWF to HTML5, to delete flash. These files were created by importing POWER POINT. Captivate can convert file SWF in HTML5 but on the platform the course stucks because the transitions imported by POWER POINT don't go. How can I do? Now I'm using the last release of Captivate. Thank you very much.

Diletta  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is NOT converting SWF to HTML You can publish a cptx-file to SWF or to HTML5, and that is something totally different. Before publishing to HTML5 you need to check the cptx-file on possible incompatilities fro that output. Apparently what you call 'transitions' are the culprit.  PPT as start for a Captivate course has never been a good idea. Each PPT slide is converted to a sort of movie slide mimicking the 'animations' in PPT. You don't tell how 'old' those files are, which version was used for their creation. 

To ascertain that the problem is in Captivate, not in the LMS, you need to check by uploading to SCORM Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replay. I tried to publish to HTML5 a cptx-files created on 12/2016, a file created on 11/2017, a file created on 07/2018, and a file created on 04/2019. The publish to HMTL of the file created on 12/2016 runs, the others don't run (I tried by uploading to SCORM Cloud and don't run). All the times, before publishing to HTML, I uploaded file PPT in Captivate e saved the project in the last version of Captivate. I noticed that the uploading PPT to Captivate in file that runs lasted much more time than in the other files. Have you got any advices to try to solve my problem? Thank you and sorry for my bad English. Diletta   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already mentioned, I never use PPT-import to start a Captivate eLearning project. They may be several causes why some do publish correctly and others do not. Something must be incompatible.You can try to look at what the HTML tracker (under Project menu) is telling, but it is far from a perfect tracker.

No problem with the language, if it is easier you can always try to write in your native tongue, forum has a Translate button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources