• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting from Mac to windows

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Members of our team have created and saved a Captivate file by saving as Responsive. I have a PC/Windows and I cannot open the file. Is there a way to convert a Mac Captivate file as a PC/Windows file?

Thanks much.

Jim Lombardo

jimlombardo1735@gmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no difference between Mac and PC versions of CPTX files, however a prerequisite for exchanging versions of your project files from one platform to another is that you are all using the most up to date version of Captivate. For example, hypothetically if I'm using Adobe Captivate 2019 version 11.5.4.199 and you are using Adobe Captivate 2019 version 11.0.1.266, you will not be able to open files I send you. The reason for this is that my version of Captivate includes features that were not in your version and your version of Captivate won't know what to do with those elements in the project file.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the full version numbers under Help, About Captivate. Both should start with 11.5 although the version number of the Mac version may be slightly different (due to a patch which was needed for the most recent Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources