Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Responsive Projects to Normal Blank Projects

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been working on a Responsive e-learning module in captivate designed to work on laptops, PC, iPads, tablets and mobile phones whatever their orientation when tilted to a landscape or portrait position.

I have now been instructed by the management to just produce a module for laptops / PCs and not even consider mobile devices etc, for example when you just start a new "Blank" project in captivate.

What is the most straightforward and easiest way to convert what I have done as a Responsive e-learning module to a "normal" (blank) one.

I was just thinking about copying all the slide from the responsive one to the normal one but I have a few templates in the master slides and I have done a lot of adjustments with the skin editor etc.

And is there any potential pitfalls with this process?

Thanks in advance!

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some very important details are missing:

1. Which versio are you using, please? Full version number as you can find under Help, About Captivate.
  2. Which workflow do you use for the respolnsive project: Breakpoints or Fluid Boxes?

As you already mentinoed, themes for responsive projects are different from themes for non-responsive projects. It is NOT possible to convert a Fluid Boxes project to a non-responsive project.  For a Breakpoints view project you could use the approach to copy/paste tthe Primary view slides to a blank project with the same resolution.  Not guaranteed that everything would workf fine, but it is a start.

For Fluid boxes I wouldn't even try. I would use the Library of the project to recreate the blank project because most of tha assetsd are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply.

My Captivate 2017 version is 10.0.0.192 and I have been using Breakpoints.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update ASAP to 10.0.1.285. You are on the first release which a few bugs, fixed in the one I just posted.

Try the workflow with copy/paste in that case. Object styles will be different, because in Breakpoint views you have a font size for each of the breakoints. If you copy/paste the primary view slides, should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources