Highlighted

Copy and paste text from Powerpoint to Captivate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Bullets and sub-bullets look correct in Captivate 2019, but after publish it doesn't. An example would be a sub-bullet would render as a bullet vs sub-bullet. Our process is that a SME will input their request into our Powerpoint storyboard, and then our content editor / Formatter make those changes into Captivate. He highlights the text in powerpoint then copies it and pastes the text into Captivate.

I was taught early in my career that copy and pasting from word and powerpoint to other software was problematic.

In the past (other jobs I had) we would paste into notepad to strip any formating before pasting into Animate.

I think this is the same problem or issue, but I need other professional opinions to support my theory.

I know they do not want to go to notepad to paste and re-copy (the complaint is too many steps).

Secondly we are using Government computers Macros in Microsoft are disabled for security reasons.

Thank you in advance

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy and paste text from Powerpoint to Captivate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Bullets and sub-bullets look correct in Captivate 2019, but after publish it doesn't. An example would be a sub-bullet would render as a bullet vs sub-bullet. Our process is that a SME will input their request into our Powerpoint storyboard, and then our content editor / Formatter make those changes into Captivate. He highlights the text in powerpoint then copies it and pastes the text into Captivate.

I was taught early in my career that copy and pasting from word and powerpoint to other software was problematic.

In the past (other jobs I had) we would paste into notepad to strip any formating before pasting into Animate.

I think this is the same problem or issue, but I need other professional opinions to support my theory.

I know they do not want to go to notepad to paste and re-copy (the complaint is too many steps).

Secondly we are using Government computers Macros in Microsoft are disabled for security reasons.

Thank you in advance

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you paste from Word, you'll get the question if you want to paste without formatting. You can also export to txt from Word. I don't know about PPT.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri

So I tried what our editer would do, and I did get the question if you want to paste without formatting. I chose the no option, and I did not have any major issues. But he said the indent of the bullets are different from captivate and the browser. I'm also using fluid boxes.

Bullets.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group