• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Table of Contents styles to another project?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in the process of standardizing some Table of Contents styles. This is fine for new projects since we can start with a CPTL template file. But we also have a number of existing projects that all still have the original default style settings for the TOC. Exporting styles to a CPS doesn't seem to work for TOCs. 

Is there some way to have an existing project import or adopt the TOC styles from another project?

In case I'm not explaining this well, I mean the styles (colors, fonts, etc) in the themes area:

TOCStyles.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Themes?

Each Captivate project is based on a Theme. Theme has several components: Theme Colors, Theme Fonts, Object Styles, Master Sldies, Recording Defaults and SKIN. The TOC is part of the skin. If you save your theme, the formatting of the TOC is included, and you can apply that theme to any project. 

Lot of information in all the posts in the reference document which you find in :

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/theme-resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. OK. I'm applying a theme with specific TOC settings to another project. But the default (different) TOC settings still show up. I'll read the article you sent. I guess I'm still missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you save the theme after eidting the TOC styles? 

Have to add that some styles do not stick in the most recent version. That is the case if you use Adobe fonts. Although set up correctly, the applied fonts do not show up for the Info Fields in the example you can watch here:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/InteractivityBlog/index.html

The theme has only two Adobe fonts (Termina and Filson Soft). Both were used in the Info fields, but they revert to Times New Roman when published. I logged a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources