• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying groups of Click Boxes to a new slide does not keep their target actions?

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a bunch of click boxes that each jump to a different slide. Those buttons were then grouped together in my timeline since there are so many. When I copy that group to a new slide, instead of showing that they jump to the specific slides, they just show "continue" instead. What am I doing wrong?

2019-05-30_11-23-04.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Which version are you using please?

Will not try to explain the mechanism why this is happening... about unique identifiers etc.

But I'll offer an alternative with a lot less work (there are multiple alternatives, but keep this to simple actions like you):

• Replace the click boxes by shape buttons
  • Time the shape buttons for the rest of the project, always on top.

You'll have the same instance of the shape button now on each slide, and with exactly the same action.

Another alternative is to put the shap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using please?

Will not try to explain the mechanism why this is happening... about unique identifiers etc.

But I'll offer an alternative with a lot less work (there are multiple alternatives, but keep this to simple actions like you):

• Replace the click boxes by shape buttons
  • Time the shape buttons for the rest of the project, always on top.

You'll have the same instance of the shape button now on each slide, and with exactly the same action.

Another alternative is to put the shape buttons on the used master slide(s).

BTW: you can time a group for the rest of the project. You can always Hide the group or one or more items in the group using the On Enter action of a slide. All have now a unique identifier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilibiri,

Sorry, meant to add the version. 

2019 (11.0.0.243) for PC

I love your idea! Thank you! Will give it a go now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, also upgrade to 11.0.1.266!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources