Exit

Copying slides into Templates

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

My very first question in the Forum. 

I'm Creating a Template for an eLearning course and have put in the objects and captions that are common to all slides, created slides using etc. All that works well. 

I created a specific color theme for Matching type quiz question in another project and wanted to use this as a part of the Template. When I simply cut and paste into the template file, this qiz question alone takes on the Mater slide of the project from which I copied the slide. 

How do I make it nherit the properties of the Template Master ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are indeed talking about a cptl file (which is the extension for a template file), please do not use it anymore because it is buggys since some versions. For design consistency, a custom Theme is what you need. Especially since you talk about the sensitive Quizzing master slides. Components of a theme are :

1. Used fonts (since 11.5)
  2. Used Color Palette
  3. All object Styles
  4. All master slides
  5. Skin setup
  6. Recording defaults (if you nees simulations.

Have a look at this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template

It was written a while ago, the new Theme Properties panel was not yet available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources