• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted background when copy/paste from software demo to existing project in 2017

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing project that I need to add software demo slides to.  I record the demo and it all looks great.  When I copy/paste those slides into the existing project, they become corrupted.  I cannot copy/paste just the background because I need the mouse movement.  Both projects have the same theme.

Demo Slide.jpgPasted Slide.jpg

I have been doing this for 2 years with no problem.  Help please!!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/paste is a workflow I try to avoid when possibleµ. Why not record the video demo slide IN the existing simulation? Sim slides in Demo mode can have issues for HTML output. Is the resolution of the software sim project the same as in the destination project? The software sim slides use the Blank Master slide, is that slide indeed blank in the Theme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, you might in fact just copy over the captured screens as backgrounds, since you already have that, and add the mouse in the target project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers - I had no idea I could add the mouse.  That helped me finish this project, and I will check into the other suggestions for future projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I will check on the resolution and the blank masters for my next project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources