• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted Captivate 2019 installer for Mac

Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For over two months I've been trying to install Adobe Captivate on a Mac machine. I downloaded the package (dmg file) from Adobe Captivate page, however, it just won't expand on OS Catalina and shows an error, the same package would expand on a much older OSX, transferred the installer back onto the Catalina machine, yet the installer gives me an error almost immediately.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.41.44 AM.png

I contacted Adobe Support, and have escalated this matter already, I received a phone call from a Captivate support person but ended up giving me the same link shown above for downloading the installer, which didn't work!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Sorry, Mayank.

Did you sign out both in the CC app and in Captivate? Then sign in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows user, cannot help you, but will try to find a staff member to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nice of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have sent a mail. Please be patient. They are very competent and friendly, you can be sure about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try to install it under root user account and see if this works?

Please refer: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank,

I haven't reached the installation phase as the disk image downloaded from Adobe website appears to be corrupted as the short video I included up here shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain my sitatuion further more. In a typical installation process for any Adobe application we go through below three stages:

1. Download installer package from Adobe web portal/site
  2. Expand the installer package locally on the destination machine
  3. Run the installer

I'm currently stuck in stage 2 as the video above shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have forwarded you an email with the new link to Captivate 2019. Kindly check your email and see if this works.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank,

Thanks so much for dropping me an email with a download link. The good news is the link you shared allowed me to download, expand and install.

Captivate is now running as a trial since the version you shared is serialized while my account is a named one (sorry for not mentioning this earlier) hence I don't have a serial number.

I would appreciate if you can share a link to named version… thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no difference between a perpetual or a subscription license, except the activation.

If you have a subscription license, make sure to log in to the CC application with the same ID that was used for the license. Normally Captivate should recognize that ID and license your copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Unfortunately, it doesn't give me the chance to sign-in. The moment Captviate opens up, below window opens…

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 7.41.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told, I'm  not a Mac user.

What happens when you click Activate now?

If you are logged in to the CC application, try to sign out and back in. That can solve some 'corruption' with the link to the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking the Activate now button shows the serial number window…

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 8.10.08 PM.png

This has nothing to do with Mac/Windows installer. Adobe sells both perpetual and subscription licenses, this installer is a perpetual version that requires a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the sign in/sign out workflow from the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the situation. I had two options, insert serial number or choose trial, well I choose trial because I don't have a serial number.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 10.48.43 AM.png

My account is a mix of complementary Enterprise All Apps license from Adobe Inc., and Adobe for Teams license I got from my office that gives me access to Captivate as well as Adobe Stock. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 10.24.43 AM.png

I cannot see Captivate under my Adobe CC desktop application even though I'm using the same Adobe ID for all my Adobe applications. I guess we cannot mix accounts as in my scenario, and the solution is to obtain a serialized Captivate instead of Named version to avoid such mixup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is NOT included in the CC subscription at all. It needs a separate license, subscription or perpetual with serial number. I had hoped that Mayank would continue the follow-up. As a simple user I never had experiences with Team licenses. 

As an individual user I do have subscription licenses both for CC and for Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mayank is still in touch by email, he is basically providing the same suggestions like yours. I asked our Admin to assign Captivate License to another Adobe ID, Signed-out, then Signed-in, restarting my machine, however, Captivate still showing trial even though I can see that it recognized my Adobe ID as shown in the help menu!

Help-menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Mayank.

Did you sign out both in the CC app and in Captivate? Then sign in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Signed-Out, and Signed-In. As I mentioned above, I even asked our admin to assign Captivate to a personal email (Adobe ID), it kept showing as trial. 

Now, my admin has re-assigned the license to my original Adobe ID, Signed-in again, the trial window shows, it asks me to either purchase a license or enter serial number even though my Adobe ID shows in the Help menu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed-in and out heaps of times today. Restarted my machine though I don't usually do that, now I don't see the trial window anymore. Let's hope Captivate will continue to run without issues since it is running well now.

Back to the top-most issue. Captivate team needs to inspect the link to download the Mac installer which started this long discussion, I still believe it is corrupted.

Thank you Lilybiri for sticking around, thank you Mayank for sharing an alternative installer with me and for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a relief, sorry it took so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources