Could a custom table of contents navigate between 'linked' projects?

Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this. I'm working on a project that may require 'linking' several Captivate projects (at the end of one, use actions to open another project). I've been working on building a custom table of contents bar already, and have navigation working around in one project, but does anyone have an idea if this would work to have one table of contents navigate between multiple linked projects? The TOC I'm working on, I'm building in Adobe Animate and then exporting as an .oam file, I understand it would have to be added onto to each project, and that alone will probably cause some hiccups. . I have no idea if this is possible, and I'm feeling likely that it's not, but if anyone has experience with a way to code a button to jump from one project to another (and to a specific slide within that project), I'd appreciate any enlightenment!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could a custom table of contents navigate between 'linked' projects?

Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this. I'm working on a project that may require 'linking' several Captivate projects (at the end of one, use actions to open another project). I've been working on building a custom table of contents bar already, and have navigation working around in one project, but does anyone have an idea if this would work to have one table of contents navigate between multiple linked projects? The TOC I'm working on, I'm building in Adobe Animate and then exporting as an .oam file, I understand it would have to be added onto to each project, and that alone will probably cause some hiccups. . I have no idea if this is possible, and I'm feeling likely that it's not, but if anyone has experience with a way to code a button to jump from one project to another (and to a specific slide within that project), I'd appreciate any enlightenment!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick question:  Are you intending for this content to be delivered from an LMS as a SCORM project?  If so, forget what you are trying to do as the SCORM standard basically prohibits what you are trying to do.  The LMS needs to handle launching all SCOs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so, just a web server, however I'm not familiar at all with SCORM. Could you explain more what "The LMS needs to handle launching SCOs" means? I'm very new to the SCORM territory and don't really understand. What is an SCO?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2018 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can learn about SCOs here:

SCORM Shareable Content Objects (SCOs)

However, if you're not using an LMS you probably don't need to learn about them.

If you're just using a web server and all of your course modules are going to be located on that server in their own separate folders, then you just need to use relative or absolute links in your TOC to point to the index.html file that launches each module.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2018 1