• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Course Completion Certificate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the person passes the quiz at the end of the course how do I generate a course completion certificate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Look at the learning interaction 'Certificate'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the learning interaction 'Certificate'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question, how can I import my specific template for certificates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly? You don't like the different designs of the certificate? You dan design a certificate,with standard objects, and use the user variable 'cpQuizInfoStudentName to insert on that certificate, as well as the course name (which you can enter under File, Project Info) and the date (use one of the date system variables).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a powerpoint file that has a certificate we present with our face to face class that I am making into an on-line course and wanted to use the same file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use that PPT slide if you want the name of the learner, the date, the name of the course to be automatically inerted.  Use the learning interactin, choose a style. You can also do this using variable and advanced actions with standard objects, but I fear that is beyond your skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted a certificate from the learning interaction library but it does not allow me to populate with user data. Also when I click the continue button at the end of the quiz it does not bring up the certificate.  What am I doing wrong?  Sorry to keep asking questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if the system variable cpQuizInfoStudentName is populated by the LMS. It is that name which will appear on the certificate. The proect name is taken from another system variable. Fil the data under a under File, Project Info.

For the Continue button, sorry to repeat, but you should read the articles I wrote about Quizzing. IWhen that button is clicked the playhead is released and actions which define in Quiz Preferences, Pass/Fail are done, at the end of the score slide. Which actions did you set up? Do you want the certificate to appear anyway or only when the quiz has been passed? This has to be done with those actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense thank you.  Can you send me the link to your articles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.... have so many. Here some links:

Discover/Use Captivate's System variables - Part 1 - Captivate blog

You can download a table here with all system variables and explanation

Using Quizzing System Variables - Captivate blog  with focus on the category Quizzing

Captivate's Quizzes (5): Master Slides - eLearning

Last article in a sequence of 5

Quiz Tweaks 6: Review mode - eLearning

Last one on a series of 6

Many more, maybe I should bundle in an e-book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An ebook would be awesome!  Thank you for the links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources