• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Course not opening in IE 11 - because of "On Enter - Hide"

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small 5 slide course that opens in every browser, except IE. I am using Captivate 2017 to export the HTML5 file. I narrowed the issue down by removing other slides, and have concluded that when I remove all slides that have a "On Enter - Hide Popup" (Which is just a shape layer, 2 buttons and text) the course loads just fine. I assume its maybe a JS error? Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with this before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using an "onEnter - Hide" - have you tried just clicking the eye in the properties panel and having an action that reveals it when needed?

That eye will cause the object to be hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need the same popup for all slides? Did you use the name 'popup' for the group?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something to consider are the browser scores for HTML5. They are calculated by adding up one point for all the specifications included in HTML5. You can see for the current versions of all these popular browsers IE11. https://html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome-68/edge-18/firefox-60/ie-10/ie-11.html   Compared with Chrome, IE11 supports over 200 more specifications of HTML5. IE11 is still supported by Microsoft in that they patch it if there are any vulnerabilities, however, I would encourage your IT department to deploy a more modern browser and make it the default.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources