Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Course not resuming where left off

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,t

I have a HTML5 course in Captivate 2019 that has two different tracks on the first slide, each track goes to a main menu with module buttons that nagivate to branching scenario slides. I have the quiz settings set to:

The course is not resuming where I left off on relaunch. What could be the issue?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Thanks Lilybiri. The issue was actually a version conversion issue (say that 10 times fast). I had created the original file in Captivate 8, then 9, then 2019. That must have corrupted the file. I had to copy and paste all the slides and master slides to a new project and it worked. Annoying to try and move everything over but good to know converting to a new version can mess the file up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 11.5? There is a bug, a hotfix will be made public soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's 11.0.0.243 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird, but you missed the first patch to 11.0.1.266. I don't remember if there were issues with bookmarking at the first release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I am talking with an Adobe customer support rep and they are saying even though Percentage of slide view is not selected I still need to put in a value. Doesn't make sense to me. It should be either percentage of slides viewed OR number of slides viewed. I am still so confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pesronally I always use Percentages, whether for slides or for quizzes. SOme LMS's do not like absolute numbers. Moreover, requiring that every slide is viewed could also cause issues. Not all slides are viewed completely (every frame).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri. The issue was actually a version conversion issue (say that 10 times fast). I had created the original file in Captivate 8, then 9, then 2019. That must have corrupted the file. I had to copy and paste all the slides and master slides to a new project and it worked. Annoying to try and move everything over but good to know converting to a new version can mess the file up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upgrading a course, especially over multiple versions, is never a good idea. I should start asking that question more often. Captivate has changed so much over a few versions, that it can mess up things, especially if you are using a custom theme and/or quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources