Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Course slowness one live on Cornerstone LMS

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have scormed and published my course and it is now live through our Cornerstone LMS however the course is extremely slow and loads for a very long time which also then affects the interactions.

Do you have any suggestions on what the problem may be and if there's anything I can do to help this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many things that could impact this. We use cornerstone also. Your timelines could be longer than audio if you have audio. If swf, it could be that.

Moderator: personal credentials take ouyt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I don't have audio and my file is a HTML5.

Do you have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the panel Project Info, after having lclicked the Check size button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is this on the Captivate system you mean? Or on a system my LMS use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate, the panel ProjectI Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A common problem with eLearning design is that as designers we sometimes forget to think about bandwidth and the size of out multimedia. For example, when we find that perfect stock photography image, many of us don't bother to resize and optimize the file before importing it into our eLearning courses. You might think that it isn't necessary but that 5 MB photo might be only one of hundreds of photos. This is applicable to video as well. Optimizing your content is crucial when building eLearning. Here's a video I did on the subject a few months ago. Perhaps it might help. https://youtu.be/tUDmakzaAa4

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources