• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 2019 now wants sign in and serial number

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Trying to open CP 2019 as have up till last week - and a sign in required screen appears.

Ok, I can sign in. then it wants to activate or run in trial mode - 

Ok, I enter my last known serial number which it doesn't accept.

Wait, this is a subscription, maybe I can reinstall - no, the download button under manage my subscription goes to a general Adobe Creative Cloud page without any links for CP.

Of course, there is a project due in two days and support, well is support... not available.

Any ideas about what is going on here? or how to resolve?

thanks,

Fred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of users had the same issue lately.
A staff member suggested to sign out of the CC app, sign back in. Maybe try
that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,

Did the sign out /sign in - same sypmtoms and then tried with a reboot inbetween, same...

I'll try calling support today (it's a US Holiday so not expecting they will be working... yet can hope)

cheers,

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Fred. Will try to find a staff member (from India), not sure it will be still today however to have your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you are working on a Win OS or Mac OS?

In the meanwhile, try to launch Captivate 2019 again and once you have reached the 'Sign in required" screen, then select the option "Not your AdobeID" and Sign in again with your Adobe Id and Password and see if that works.

Let me know if it still prompts for the serial key.

Regards,
Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajit,

I clicked on the Not your AdobeID and entered ID and password, enter... went back to the sign in page (just looped back to you must login)

I'm on MacOS

I've a bit of work to do, so have not enabled the trial for 30 days - hope to get this resolved before too long...

cheers,

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and try the steps given in the article.

Incase any further help is required, please get in touch with us directly and we would be happy to assist you further.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate

Regards,
Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ajit,

Yes, I'm using MacOS and Catalini - and the directed files to renames were mostly in the system library not the user library, yet found them all and renamed, etc. 

This allowed me to open and login with Captivate, now it is hanging when I try to close CP2019, so will recheck permissions and rebook (haven't done that in a while) and see if that helps.

cheers,

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources