Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 2019: Speed up Video Demo playback

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just wondering if it possible to speed up video demo playback e.g. change it to x2 speed.

I'm creating a software sim and when it comes to installing software I want to use a speeded up video demo.

(installing software using a windows wizard i.e. progress bar, and also using the command line).

I want to speed up the part where the user is watching the progress bar etc.

I know I could just

• show the start and end of the progress bar,
  • or export recording to another app, increase speed and import it back in.

But was just wondering if it was possible to speed up video demo playback out of the box in CP 2019 ??

Thanks

Donal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Video demo does not have this ability. Unless there is a hidden feature I've not been made aware of, you will have to export your video into MP4 and then load the video into Premiere Pro to speed up the section in question (at least that's what I've done in the past).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video demo does not have this ability. Unless there is a hidden feature I've not been made aware of, you will have to export your video into MP4 and then load the video into Premiere Pro to speed up the section in question (at least that's what I've done in the past).

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul.

I don't have Premiere Pro.

Anyone know a free application i can do this with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is one off project just download the trial version of Premiere and complete the task - I tell my students all the time to advantage of the trials - it works in a pinch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't answer becaue I am confused: are you talking about a Video demo or about a software simulation (which is what you mention in the question) in Demo mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve - I am talking about including a video demo in the software simulation.

I thought it may be possible to include a speeded up video demo of the installation part

(of the progress bar when the files are being installed) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this (free):

https://ezgif.com/video-speed

Personally I prefer to plan a video demo, and simple skip long annoying parts. I always capture in short clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the playback would be evaluated in order to rreproduce accelerated by clicking x2 this will cause it to accelerate the video.

the playback would be evaluated in order to rreproduce accelerated by clicking x2 this will cause it to accelerate the video.

use random play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please clarify your response - not sure what you mean by x2 no control in Captivate called x2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources