Exit

Cp library > Edit in Photoshop not saving changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64bit OS

Photoshop CC 20.0.1 (updates current)

Captivate 2017 10.0.0192 (update current)

I select a background in the Library

I right-click and select Edit with Photoshop

I make changes in Photoshop to the background .BMP file (blur of personal info, for example)

Save in Photoshop

The revised background SHOULD now show in Captivate.

But it does not.

I thought Cp and PS "talked to each other". I think it's also called "round tripping"?

This was a great function that worked really well when I was using Cp6. Since then? Not so much.

I have upgraded to Creative Cloud. All projects are saved in my C: drive. What else could I possible have wrong that "round tripping" between PHOTOSHOP (I am not asking about Audition) and Cp 2017 does not work?

Thank you

Katie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

You are not using the most recent version of CP2017 which is 10.0.1.285.

Sorry, but cannot double-check if the roundtripping between the most recent version of PS is working with your older version of Captivate. Since I don't have CP2017 anymore, only CP2019. In the past roundtripping was sometimes broken between an older CP version and the most recent version of CP.

Background image in CP are no longer bmp files, but PNG when you use roundtripping. How did you save in PS? I use Quick Export to PN

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

I tried to recreate your issue, it works for me.

I made sure the file was closed in Photoshop before returning to Captivate.

Have you tried to Update the link to see if this forces the refresh.

One note, I would avoid using BMP as an image file, png would give you a much better image quality without compromising the file size too much.

Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 15.18.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not using the most recent version of CP2017 which is 10.0.1.285.

Sorry, but cannot double-check if the roundtripping between the most recent version of PS is working with your older version of Captivate. Since I don't have CP2017 anymore, only CP2019. In the past roundtripping was sometimes broken between an older CP version and the most recent version of CP.

Background image in CP are no longer bmp files, but PNG when you use roundtripping. How did you save in PS? I use Quick Export to PNG, and the roundtripping works fine between CP2019 and PS most recent version. No need to click extra buttons like Update.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources