• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP9 Pretest and Final Quiz

Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a customer that wants a Pretest and if the student passes it they get full credit for the training.  If they don't then they take the lesson.  However, he wants the same questions in the pretest as in the final quiz.  The previous version branched the student to the final quiz when the selected the Pretest button and if they passed it sent them out of the lesson and if it didn't the project jumped back to a slide at the beginning. 

This time on the final quiz the customer wants them sent back if they miss a question to the section they messed up on.  So I don't see how we can use the final quiz and the pretest with the same slides for questions.  Is there a way to add a counter to the Random question slide so if its the first time through they just get to answer the question.  Then if the fail the pretest and take the training and come back to the final quiz and miss a question they are sent back to that section?

Thank you,

Susan Davis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

That is the reason why I pointed to the first post in a sequence about quizzes, where I explain the limitations of the different types. If you add two subsets from the question pools they'll not be the same. You have to use the same slides. Maybe use two attempts on quiz level and conditional actions.

Remediation as default feature will not be possible due to the fact that you use random slides.  If each section has its question pool, you could try to use the Last Attempt action to send them to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the possiblity to insert Pretest slides, or was it not yet available in CP9?

Have a look at:

Captivate's Quizzes (1): Terminology - eLearning

I don't think so, because Pretest slides cannot be random slides. You do use random slides, correct? That makes it a lot more complicated. Not only about having exactly the same question slides, but also for remediation (sending back to content slides).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want to use Random question slides.  There is a pretest ability in CP9 but then they have to reproduce each of the slides. From what I can tell you can't use Random question slides as pretest slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this project the random question slides are connected to a specific section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the reason why I pointed to the first post in a sequence about quizzes, where I explain the limitations of the different types. If you add two subsets from the question pools they'll not be the same. You have to use the same slides. Maybe use two attempts on quiz level and conditional actions.

Remediation as default feature will not be possible due to the fact that you use random slides.  If each section has its question pool, you could try to use the Last Attempt action to send them to the first content slide of that section.

It could be rather complicated, have no time to figure this out at this moment, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources