Highlighted

CP9 Quiz not scoring correctly

Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't currently have access to the cptx for this project but hopefully today I will.  We have a quiz posted to our LCMS that when the course is taken and the quiz completed the quiz results page shows a score of 70% out of 100 when all the questions are answered correctly. I took it after it was brought to our attention and it happened to me also.  I even did the quiz review in case I hadn't really passed all the questions but I had.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CP9 Quiz not scoring correctly

Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't currently have access to the cptx for this project but hopefully today I will.  We have a quiz posted to our LCMS that when the course is taken and the quiz completed the quiz results page shows a score of 70% out of 100 when all the questions are answered correctly. I took it after it was brought to our attention and it happened to me also.  I even did the quiz review in case I hadn't really passed all the questions but I had.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten to open the cptx.  There are 7 questions.  A mix of T/F and Multiple Choice.  Each question is worth 10 points.

In Quiz Pass/Fail the option is the first one 100% or more of total points to pass.

The user is allowed 6 attempts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post screenshots of the quiz settings? Somewhere the system is treating 70 points as 70%, or at least displaying it that way. Does the LMS count the quiz as passed or failed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out Reading is Fundamental but not to us.  I took the quiz twice before I realized the 70 on the results wasn't a % but the total score in points.  So it was presenting correctly but confusing for someone looking for a % instead of points.  So we took that result off and just left the accuracy and attempts in the results slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't have helped in this case but when Adobe Captivate developers need help troubleshooting quiz scores I recommend that they follow the procedures I outline in this video: Adobe Captivate QuickTip - Troubleshoot Scoring Problems - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 0