• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP9 won't connect to a drive on a computer

Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coworker just got a new computer.  When he tries to open a project that is stored on a shared drive from Captivate it won't show that drive.  He can see the drive and connect to it from Windows.  I can connect to the drive with Captivate with my computer.  Any ideas.  I know Captivate is a desktop application.  We store projects on the shared drive and then bring them in when we are working on them.

Thanks in Advance.

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never a good idea to open a CPTX file in Captivate directly from a network drive.

Tell your co-worker to use Windows Explorer to copy the CPTX file over to his own C drive and then open it in Captivate from there.  When he's finished working on it, save and close out of Captivate and then use Windows to copy the file back up to the network folder again, if that's where you prefer to back up the file.  Always work on project files that are on your local C drive. otherwise you risk corrupting the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that be we were just trying to figure out why his wouldn't find it when it would before.

Thanks Rod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources