• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.cpbackup

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo. Since yesterday it is not posssible to open my Captivate 9. When I try to open it it shows a fatal error and wants to archive everything in a project file with the ending .cpbackup.

Does anybody know how I can solve the prblem?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear the cache, eventually clean Preferences and open the backup file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the answer. I cleared the cache but i do not know how to clean the preferences or to open the backup file.

I asked my first level but he could not find it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To convert a backup file to a normal cptx file, just edit the name of the file and take out the last extension 'cpbakcup.

Cleaning Preferences is easy if you have Admininstrator rights. Close Captivate, go to the installation folder of CP and open the subfolder 'utils'.  Run the CleanPreferences.. file appropriate for your OS. When restarting CP a fresh standard version of the Preferences will be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful information.  I'm wondering if the Cp support team recommends a frequency of when cache should be cleaned?  Also, how do you verify that the cache has be cleared?  I clear my cache when I believe the program is running slow, of not performing as expected.  But is this the most effective way to determine there is a cache issue?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is a general rule. It depends on too many factors: size of the projects, number of projects etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources