Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPCefHelper.exe crash when I launch Captivate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have reinstalled Adobe Captivate with last version and now, I have an error message each time I launch Captivate or each time I publish a project. Below is the error message, does someone know how to solve it?

Regards.

--------------------------------------------

CPCefHelper.exe - Application Error
The exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFDB81BCC4D. Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a MacOS or Windows OS?  If Mac OS, is it Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on Windows 10.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Then if this is a Windows installation, and Captivate was reinstalled, did you also follow the recommended procedure to reset the Preferences and Layouts folders?  If not, Google about that procedure.  Your issue might easily be resolved.  Resetting preferences and layouts should be done every time you update or reinstall Captivate.  But a lot of newbie users don't know about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rodward,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done the test several times. Uninstall Captivate, remove all adobe files in AppData folder (in Local, LocalLow and Roaming), then do a fresh install with administrator rights. But it does not change, I still have the error.

Do you have more information on the procedure to reset the Preferences? Or do you have another idea to correct this issue?

I sometime open some captivate file from a network drive, could it be linked?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have admin rights, look in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the ClearPreferences... file appropriate for your OS, while Captivate is closed. Some custom items can disappear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources