• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.CPL files

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a Captivate project, a .cpl file is generated in the same folder as that project's .cptx file (e.g., If I create or open Captivate project named MyProject, the file ~MyProject.cpl is generated in the same directory). When I close that file, the .cpl file goes away, indicating it is some sort of temporary file. The file type for these files is Control panel item. However, I have found a number of .cpl files even when I don't have Captivate open--perhaps because I deleted a .cptx file or a .cptx somehow got corrupted. So I wind up with a number of apparently orphaned .cpl files in my project folders.

While I'd like to know what these files are and why they're created, my main question is if I can delete these "orphan" .cpl files without any negative consequences.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I know the original post is from more than a year ago, but today I discovered the same CPL mystery on my computer.

Two things are apparent: They all have a file size of Zero Bytes. And they turned up first when I moved CPTX files from my main internal hard drive to my secondary external hard drive. And, additionally, they where even created from CPTX files which I deleted long before this move (older redundant versions). So it might be related to moving Cp project files from one device to another, though I'm only guessing. I'm pretty sure they can be deleted but it remains a cause of puzzlement.

That what screwthescreenname writes about control panel item can't be relevant (see here). I am on a Mac and have these ~MyProject.cpl files too. Even from once existing but then deleted Cp projects.

File Extension.org doesn't list cpl format in The list of file extensions associated with Adobe Captivate.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources