• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes when trying to add or edit ruler guides

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to edit an existing guide or I try to add a new one it crashes. I tried these solutions but none of them worked.

I'm using the 2019 version on Windows 10.

Thanx in advance

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Clearing the cache is not included in that KB, can sometimes help as well.

Since you like Rulers and Guides. I really want to be able to save a grid set up with each project or Theme. That is not possible yet, logged feature requests but looking out for other users who do use Guides as well to log a similar request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Guides all the time, never had a crash with that particular feature. Wondering what is going awry. The link 'these' leads to a blank page. 

Which exact version number do you use, as mentioned under Help, About Captivate. There are several CP2019 versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I use them all the time too. This was the first time this happened. I'm using version 11.0.1.266. I finally got it to work by clearing all of the guides I previously had set already. It was kind of a hassle since I had set those when I first started this project and now I had to remember where did I originally set them.

I had tried everything including rebooting and logging off and on from Captivate. I'm not sure why the link didn't paste correctly the first time. This is what I also tried: https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-crash-launch-perform-action.html

Thanx for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the cache is not included in that KB, can sometimes help as well.

Since you like Rulers and Guides. I really want to be able to save a grid set up with each project or Theme. That is not possible yet, logged feature requests but looking out for other users who do use Guides as well to log a similar request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will do. Thanx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on version 11.0.1.266 then you might also consider updating the app.  At this moment the most recent version is 11.5.1.499.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources