Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a multi role quiz

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a quiz where you can choose your role at the beginning  and it will display the appropriate questions for your it, and get graded only on those questions.

I am quite new to creating quizzes in Captivate (2019), but I've seen it has the different pools where you can import different set of questions.

But I am struggling. My idea was to have a quiz with 10 random questions, five pools with 30 question each, and when you click in your role button it will populate the random questions of the quiz from the selected question pool. But I don't seem to be able to figure that out. I tried with Advance Actions, but no luck.

Any idea if what I am trying is possible?

IF not, what other tool can I use to create a multi role quiz that can be packaged on a SCORM?

Thanks

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

You will need Branch aware. Here is a link to a quiz with non-random question slides, but the same can be done with random questions. Have a pool for each role. Put them in sequence for each role. Navigate from the dashboard to the appropriate role, skip the other slides and at the end show the score slide.

What is Branch Aware? - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need Branch aware. Here is a link to a quiz with non-random question slides, but the same can be done with random questions. Have a pool for each role. Put them in sequence for each role. Navigate from the dashboard to the appropriate role, skip the other slides and at the end show the score slide.

What is Branch Aware? - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am quite green with most of this, but i believe i managed to get a prototype working following your example.

I am still struggling with the share actions and the parameters but i managed to create one just having some buttons and jumping to the beginning of the questions.

Seems to work just fine, but i have notice that when i click on Retake quiz (in case i failed), it just repeats the same questions you just answered instead of picking up random questions from the pool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retake will not generate a new subset of random questions. I tried to explain this behavior and some more tips in:

Random Questions; Do's and Don'ts - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That is very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources